The average lifespan of a car is a minimum of ten to twelve years. It could go on longer provided you maintain its upkeep. Regularly servicing your car is crucial to its health or else you would have to opt for car removal. We are here if you choose to do so. We will quote the best price for your old car removal in Sydney.
Meanwhile, what should you do to make sure that your car does not exhaust too soon?
The devil is in the details when it comes to checking for hidden flaws in your metal machine.
How to keep your car from getting old?
These seven easy ways will help your car from getting old lest you should opt for a junk car removal.
- Replace the oil– Replace the motor oil in your car every 3000 to 5000 miles.
- Replace the fluid– Your coolant and transmission fluid should be changed every 30,000-60,000 miles. The brake fluid should be changed every two to three years i.e. roughly up to 36,000 miles. Power steering fluid can be replaced every 75,000-100,000 miles. The gear oil and transfer case fluid should be replaced every 30,000 miles.
- Sit not but drive– Do not let your car sit for long in any season. Always ensure that you drive it at least twice a week. Your car’s engine needs to rev-up every week.
- Be smell-sensitive– There are several types of ill odours a car emits when something is wrong. For instance, the smell of rotten eggs signals that hydrogen sulphide is not breaking down in the exhaust. Call for immediate repair. Alternatively, a burnt paper smell indicates that pedal and gear friction is too high. You need to tone it down a bit.
- Smooth journey– Do not be in a hurry to shift gears, especially during reversing. We’re talking about the part where you reverse the car to come out of the parking lot. During this time, reverse the car and then shift to forward gear to drive straight ahead. Once the car is reversed, stop a while to shift to first gear, pick-up slowly and then drive into the second gear, and higher. This practice will reduce any kind of unwanted friction and load on inner tight machine fittings.
- Wheel bearings– When servicing your car, ensure to ask the mechanic to check the wheels of the car. This involves adding some grease for the bearings to work in perfect condition.
- Cleanliness– wash and regularly clean your car and keep it away from sunlight. Wipe off any debris that may accumulate on or under the vehicle.
These seven age-defying ways can give your car an edge over other vehicles. However, in the event of final disposal, be sure to give us a call on 0412 525 712. We help with unwanted car removal or scrap car removal in Sydney. We cater to all types of vehicles, be it an SUV or a van.